Our lab hosts students, authors, artists, and photographers.
- Christopher Zuo, a graduate student working on mosquitoes
- David Ancalle, a graduate student working on earwax
- Soohwan Kim, a graduate student working on COVID collection and kimchi
- Cassie Shriver, a graduate student co-advised with Prof Young-Hui Chang and working on climbing animals
- Diamond Giles, faculty support personel, GTMI, Room 261. Fall 2023:
On Campus: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday/8:00am – 5:00pm
Telecommuting: Wednesday, Friday /8:00am – 5:00pm
- Harrison Crawford, accountant
Hu Graduate Alumni
- Mr. Terrance Lui, a graduate student co-advised with Prof Yue Chen and working on 3D tracking of elephant trunks
- Dr. Andrew Schulz, (graduated 2022) a graduate student working on elephant trunks. Graduated to become postdoc with Adrian Jusufi at Max Planck
- Dr. Huntang Ko, (graduated 2022) a graduate student working on fried rice and fire ants. Graduated to become a JSMF fellow with Radhika Nagpal at Princeton
- Prof. Marguerite Matherne, (graduated 2021) was a graduate student working on bees. Graduated to become teaching assistant professor at Northeastern
- Dr. Alexander Lee, (graduated 2020) was a graduate student working on cube-shaped poo. Graduated to become a high school mathematics teacher in Douglas County, Georgia.
- Dr. Thomas Spencer, (graduated 2020) was a graduate student working on moth antennae and a sniffing machine GROMIT. Graduated to found his own startup WasteWizer
- Dr. Olga Shishkov, (graduated 2020) was a graduate student working on insect larvae. Graduated to work as a postdoc with Orit Peleg at U. Colorado.
- Prof. Patricia Yang, (graduated 2018), was a graduate student involved in studies of digestion and urination. Graduated to pursue a postdoc with David Ku at Georgia Tech. Now faculty at Tsinghua University in Taiwan
- Dr. Alexis Noel, (graduated 2018) was a graduate student involved in studies of frog adhesive mechanisms. Graduated to become a research engineer with Jason Nadler at Georgia Tech Research Institute.
- Mr. Sulisay Phonekeo, (graduated 2016) was a graduate student involved in studies of ant bridges, co-advised with Craig Tovey. Graduated to pursue the pump design industry.
- Prof. Guillermo Amador (graduated 2015) was a graduate student involved in studies of self-cleaning. Graduated to pursue a postdoc at Max Planck, then a postdoc at TU Delft, and now faculty at University of Wageningen in the Netherlands
- Prof. Andrew Dickerson (graduated 2014) was a graduate student involved in experimental studies of mosquito coping mechanisms to rain, fog and dew. Graduated to pursue consulting, then faculty at Central Florida University, and now University of Tennessee.
- Prof. Hamidreza Marvi (graduated 2013) was a graduate student involved in combined experimental and theoretical studies of snake locomotion. Graduated to pursue a postdoc at Carnegie Mellon University. Now faculty at Arizona State University.
- Dr. Nathan Mlot (graduated 2013) was a graduate student involved in experimental studies of the swarming behavior of ants. Graduated to pursue the energy industry.
- Mr. Thomas Mulcahey (graduated 2010) was a graduate student involved in cricket acoustics. Graduated to pursue to pursue consulting.
- Mr. Will Hobbs (graduated 2010) was a graduate student involved in experimental studies of plant-wind interactions. Graduated to pursue the energy industry.
- Prof. Jia Ning Wu, (worked 2016-2018), postdoc working on elephant trunks. Graduated to work at a research institute in Shenzhen, China, and is now an assistant professor at Sun Yat Sen University.
- Dr. Jodi Wheeler-Toppen, author of children’s books
- 2015 Steve Shaw, Schenk Elementary School, creator of Sumingashi educational module (video here by Jamila Cola)
- 2014 Joe Peragine, Georgia State University, creator of Ant Linkage Art Exhibition
Hu Undergraduate Alumni who have websites
- Mr. Peter Shankles, graduated to pursue graduate school at Oak Ridge National Lab
- Ms. Tanvi Dave, graduated to pursue MSE graduate school at Georgia Tech
- Ms. Jasmine Nirody, graduated to pursue physics graduate school at UC Berkeley
- Mr. Jerome Choo, graduated to pursue a startup
- Mr. Jonathan Pham is a 2016 Urology Care Foundation/Herbert Brendler, MD Summer Medical Student Fellow